The Spring 2021 Geothermal Collegiate Competition finalists have been announced!
If you missed the live announcement during the NextGen Geo event last week, congratulations to our finalists! You can access a recording of the presentation and announcements.
By the numbers:
• 15 finalist teams
• 17 collegiate institutions
• 3 minority-serving institutions
• 7 types of district/energy load applications
• 3 conversions of existing oil & gas wells to geothermal.
The teams moving on to compete in the final round of the Geothermal Collegiate Competition are:
- Colorado School of Mines/CSM-PE
- Cornell University/Big Red Heat
- Cypress College/Charging Bladhs
- Liberty University/LUSE
- Montana State University
- Northern Virginia Community College/NOVA Nighthawks
- State University of New York (SUNY) Broome and SUNY Binghamton
- Temple University/Team A40
- The University of Oklahoma/GeoFitters
- The University of Oklahoma/Sooners Geothermal Team
- University of California, Berkeley and Rutgers University
- University of Colorado Boulder/GeoDudes
- University of North Dakota and Reykjavik University/Geothermal Vision
- University of Notre Dame/Geothermal ND
- Western Kentucky University
Good luck to all of the teams!