Today, team Carbonbusters from Purdue University was selected as the Great Lakes Regional Winner in the EnergyTech University Prize. The team was awarded $3,000 for their business plan for their entry, Removing the Barrier to Entry to Net-Zero Biofuels.
The announcement was made by the Great Lakes regional convener organization, Evergreen Climate Innovations. The winning team now moves on to compete in the next phase of competition, the Refine Phase, where they’ll refine their market analysis and business opportunity before competing in the National Pitch Event.
In addition, the following entries have been selected as Bonus Prize Finalists:
- Grid Enhancing Technologies: GridLink EV Fleet Management Software, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Large Power Transformers: Ultra high-power Density Supercapacitors, University of Notre Dame
- Fossil Energy and Carbon Management: Removing the Barrier to Entry to Net-Zero Biofuels, Purdue University
- National Lab Technology IP Licensing: Supercharge: 5x Renewable Methane Production, The University of Chicago
- Water Power: Hybridizing Hydropower, The University of Chicago
From all Bonus Prize Finalists across all Explore Events, a single Bonus Prize Winner per category will be selected after the conclusion of the Explore Events and up to nine teams will be awarded $25,000 each. The National Lab Technology IP Licensing Bonus Prize Winner will win $25,000 and pitch alongside the Regional Winners at the National Pitch Event.
The next Explore Event is tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 24, at 10 a.m. CST for for the Northern Plains region. Register for the event to find out who advances to the next phase of the competition!
Congratulations to team Carbonbusters from Purdue University and the Bonus Prize Finalists!