Drone Awards is the most important worldwide competition about aerial photography and video. It’s a project of Siena Awards, dedicated to a different photographic genre deliberately separated from being compared to traditional photography.
The competition is open to the aerial photography and videos whose platforms also include fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, balloons, blimps and dirigibles, rockets, kites, and parachutes.
1. Drone Photo Awards competition is open to professional and amateur photographers.
2. By registering and entering the Drone Photo Awards you hereby accept these Terms and Conditions.
3. By entering the competition, you agree and acknowledge that Siena Awards is permitted to receive and review your registration data. Participants agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering this photo competition. At any time, participants have the right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held by Siena Awards by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
4. Winning photographs may be included in the future in traveling group gallery exhibitions and/or screenings and projections at arts institutions and festivals worldwide. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her images, and proper credit lines will be attributed to each photographer when exhibited or screened anywhere by Siena Awards.
5. All entries will be reviewed and pre-screened by our editors and an international group of industry professionals. The screened entries are then reviewed by our international jury. The jury will choose the winners. The decisions of the jury are final.
6. The full name of each entrant whose work is selected as a winner will be also published online.
7. Siena Awards reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any photograph that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the photograph appears on the website. You warrant, in respect of the photographs submitted by you, as follows:
8. You confirm that each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown - and has the right to grant that permission.
9. Siena Awards recognizes you retain full ownership of the copyright in each photograph that you have submitted.
10. All entrants agree that all photograph(s) submitted to the competition may be reproduced (with photographer copyright credit) and used to conduct and promote Siena Awards competitions. You hereby grant Siena Awards with a right to use submitted photographs in the framework of such promotional activities.
11. Any photograph used by Siena Awards shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as Siena Awards uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
12. You acknowledge that Siena Awards and its event partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
Please make sure you are using an updated version of your browser. The majority of issues our users encounter are caused by using an old version of Internet Explorer or Safari. If you are using Chrome, it updates automatically. Firefox is OK, but we recommend Chrome.
A: Once you have completed the online submission form and filled in the details of your entry, you will be redirected to the upload page where you can upload your photos. Photos with signatures or watermarks are not allowed.
A: Winning images will be displayed at the "Above Us Only Sky" exhibition in Siena, Italy.
A: No. You may enter the competition as many times as you like.
A: Files must meet the following specification:
Finalist Entrants must be able to provide a high resolution digital file of minimum 8 Megapixel (Minimum Pixel Size 2400px x 3600px at 300dpi).
A: Yes! You can now edit your entire submission up to the deadline. This means you can replace or remove images, rearrange images, edit the photo captions (titles), entry description, and your submission statement.
A: You can submit diptychs as one image. But keep in mind the maximum pixel length of 1920.
A: Yes, but please provide background info on both of you in the bio so we know it’s a team.
A: No, there are no restrictions on the date of a photograph.
A: Yes, both published and unpublished work is accepted.
A: Yes, images that have won prizes in other competitions or that have been submitted to other competitions currently underway are eligible.
A: You need to check with the local laws of where you are shooting regarding portrait/street/candid photography - some places are very strict and explicitly require model releases while others are more lenient. As long as your photos fall within the laws of where you made the work, you can submit them to our competition.
A: Your images are NEVER used for any purpose other than the promotion of the Drone Photo Awards (exhibition, poster, annual publication/catalogue, postcard, shopper, social, etc.), and all the initiatives connected to it. All photographers thus far have been extremely grateful and happy with the manner in which their images have been used and promoted globally.
A: One of the greatest things about the Siena Awards’ competitions is their global reach. Depending on what your image is chosen for (exhibition, poster, annual publication/catalogue, postcard, shopper, social, etc.), your image will be viewed with your full credit all around the world. The promotion of your work is ongoing and on an international scale. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be included in the annual publication that showcases the full collection of winning images.
A: Siena Awards will contact the winners via e-mail at their registered e-mail addresses. We also plan to announce the winners and winning entries on the Drone Photo Awards website.
A: The Drone Photo Awards competition is FREE to enter for one image.
The payment of your Fee to allow you to participate in the photo contest can be made as follows:
The total number of entries is intended to be distributed freely across the different categories.
Early Bird: all entries registered by May 20th 2022 will favour of the possibility to enter each additional image with € 8 instead of € 10. Additional photos can also be uploaded later, but in any case before June 25th 2022, provided that the payment of the registration fee had been processed before that date.
** Once a submission fee has been paid, there are no refunds provided. If you have been wrongly charged for any reason, we will be happy to credit the amount that is due.
The participant with the highest scoring image will be endowed the title of “Drone Photographer of the Year”. Also, there will be a winner for each category.
The winners will receive the Pangea Prize Crystal statuette during the Awards Ceremony which will be held in Siena in October. The winning images will be showcased in Siena at the "Above Us Only Sky" exhibition during more than 1 month.
*The Pangea Prize and the parchments will only be given to winners attending the Awards Ceremony.