After an exciting two-day summit, prize administrators announced that all 10 competing teams were awarded $25,000 each for successfully accomplishing the goals of the final phase of the prize!
The winning teams are as follows:
- Weku, Inc. (Positive Energy Coalition), Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Change is in the Air: Gresham Coalition, Multnomah County, Oregon
- HBCU Community Development Action Coalition, Denmark, South Carolina; Orangeburg, South Carolina; New Orleans, Louisiana
- ReBuildATL Coalition, Atlanta, Georgia
- Missoula’s Clean Energy Workforce Coalition, Missoula, Montana
- ROC Community Clean Energy Coalition, Atlanta, Georgia
- Dream Entrepreneurs Network, Fresno, California; Denver, Colorado; Detroit, Michigan; Las Vegas, Nevada; Savannah, Georgia; San Bernardino, CA
- Team Philly, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- New Orleans Clean Energy Collective, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Asociación de Residentes de La Margarita, Inc., Salinas, Puerto Rico
In addition, the following three teams were named top performers and earned additional awards.
- Asociación de Residentes de La Margarita, Inc, awarded an additional $50,000
- Missoula’s Clean Energy Workforce Coalition, awarded an additional $25,000
- Team Philly, awarded an additional $10,000
The prize’s goal was to incentivize the creation of these community coalitions, and to develop strategies such as student education, workforce training, capacity building, and implementation of new technologies that address a local clean energy opportunity or inequity. We look forward to seeing the continued success of these teams as they build on their wins and continue to impact their communities!