Global Innovator
Dec. 4, 2018
1:14 p.m. PST

You are 10+ years too late with your Credibility Challenge

Credibility has been implemented by Internet auction sites and works fine.
If you are seller you get rating from those buying your products.
If you are a buyer, you get rating from a seller.

No need to develop any other Credibility Rating System

If need Lie Detector, just tell it
7 Replies

Ferenc Nith
Dec. 4, 2018
@Global Innovator
If it was this simple they wouldn't spend a penny on it. Buyer rating cannot be used in other fields, and you need a buyer's history to have some idea, which takes long time.

Matt Kaufman
Dec. 4, 2018
Global Innovator, you say "just tell it" - The problem is that many times, no one tells.

Also there is manipulation or influence operations conducted many times in an environment; you cannot always trust what you see or hear:

Regarding market's and buyer history in context of ratings and reviews:

People will deceive or lie and or manupulate the narrative and credibility rating space. I.e., if I sell drugs on the dark web and I am a vendor --- I get 15 other handle's to buy from that initial vendor selling drugs (me); and use my own Bitcoin to fund the transactions back and forth and around; and have a lot of activity and positive ratings and review's --- is it a trustable system or not?

Global Innovator
Dec. 4, 2018
Internet Reputation scoring system affected users of Yahoo mail, since Yahoo adopted Internet Reputation directly, downgrading status of email to junk for millions

Liz Treadwell HeroX team
Dec. 4, 2018
Thank you everyone for your enthusiastic conversations!

While this is a very interesting topic, we would like to clarify that the CASE Challenge is focused on the development of methods used to evaluate credibility assessment techniques or technologies, rather than on the techniques or technologies themselves. There are many existing tools to help assess credibility and there are many new ones being developed – we need standards to help evaluate how well these tools can evaluate credibility.

If you have any questions regarding the scope of the CASE Challenge or general credibility questions, be sure to register for the Q&A session on January 9th here: https://eventmanagement.cvent.com/CASEChallengeJanuaryQASession

Global Innovator
Dec. 4, 2018
@Liz Treadwell
thank you Liz for your kind clarification

" CASE Challenge is focused on the development of methods used to evaluate credibility assessment techniques or technologies,...

Could you list credibility assessment techniques or technologies of your interest, subject of methods to evaluate we should develop ?
Tagged: Liz Treadwell

Global Innovator
Dec. 4, 2018
15 years ago I have tested lie detector and learned a lot about the credibility of this technique.
Tested live audio lie detector

Ivan Uzunov
Dec. 4, 2018
edited
Hi there, probably we have to make one more account, both institutional, private and personal, and each of us will have money account and trust account. Based on this account will be the trust scoring system and will be able to establish the methods!?
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message